Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day!

We did it!  We made it through the first day.  I was able to get through all five rules, Teach - Okay, mirror, Class - Yes, and the scoreboard.  It was by far the best first day I have ever had.  Did I mention how amazing my 25 new kiddos are?  They are great!  They are so inquisitive, kind, smart, and thrilled about fifth grade.  I was even able to get through all the the above with two of my writing classes.  I have never seen a class get so excited about rules.  I had them begging for me to tell them Rule 4 and 5.

I haven't used the Super Improvers Wall yet.  After watching a live webcast with Coach B, one viewer suggested that you wait until they beg you for it.  This way they are more excited about it.  I had four of five students ask a couple times what the Super Improver Wall was.  I simply replied, "You haven't begged enough yet to start it."  They would smile and continue on with their work.  I can't wait to see the excitement on their face when we actually start using it.

Great start to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment